April 20, 2019
Have you ever longed for a full life do over? Not just a moment here, or a word there... but a full on reset of life! I've wished for that from time to time. When everything gets overwhelming and I'm feeling my most vulnerable I can get caught in a loop of going over all my failures, magnifying them in my mind and replaying all the ways I could have done things differently. There’s nothing like reliving our worst decisions to make us feel absolutely hopeless.
Sadly, hoping and longing for change really doesn't change anything.
But what did was the master 're-boot' God gave us with the death of His only Son. At the moment of Christ's sacrifice we were all given a new chance. And it wasn't just for that moment, or some select few, but for all of us and forevermore . That opportunity and promise still stands as our gift. All we have to do is reach for it.
Is it any wonder that the ground shook and the heavens wept at Jesus death? The very fabric of the world was being rewoven. And then... in three short days... God proved His omnipotence and power and His overwhelming love by raising His Son from the grave. An old hymn says:
"And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ"
On this Resurrection Sunday we celebrate with family gatherings, brightly colored eggs, food and pageants. Let's not forget that we are really remembering that, as the song further says, "In Christ alone our hope is found."
Be blessed, Grace Family! God is still on the throne.
The week at Grace:
- TUESDAY’S, 6:30 pm: Men’s and Lady’s Bible Study. Everyone is welcome. Come and fellowship and learn.
- THURSDAY’S, 5:30: Worship Team practice. If you are interested in participating on the Worship team, please talk to Bobbie.
- THURSDAY’S, 6:30 – 8 pm, Youth of the Nation weekly worship service and bible study
- THURSDAY’S, 6:30 – 7:30 pm, Weekly mid-week prayer and praise service
- The Last Sunday of the month is Recycle Sunday. Please bring in your cans and bottles in support of Youth of the Nation.
- April 20th, 6-8 pm, is our Jammin for Jesus fundraiser for Youth of the Nation. The ladies of Grace will be serving as food hosts, and will be doing a bake-sale to help. We could use lots of volunteers as well. If you have ideas or can lend a hand, please see Pastor Eric or Christina Azevedo. Do you have something to share for the silent auction? We can use all hands on deck for this event. We are raising money to help send our youth to Summer camp.
- April 21st is our Easter Sunday celebration service. We’ll start with a breakfast potluck at 9:30 am, and end with an Easter egg hunt for the Kingdom Kids. Just bring your favorite breakfast dish to share. Join us and bring all your family and friends for this wonderful Resurrection Celebration service.
- Look for the Time-Talent-Treasure cards on the back table: What is your special gifting? Will you share it with your Grace family? We need your help to keep our house running smooth. Please grab a card and let us know where you might feel God’s prompting to step into a church ministry.
- We are still fund-raising for our Church Van. Can you help? Please consider a monthly pledge, or a one-time donation. Mark your offering envelope “Church Van” so we know to designate the funds appropriately.
- We are looking for additional Children’s Church teachers. Please see Misty or Anthony if you feel God leading you in this direction. Our youth are our most valuable resource.
- When planning an event, please contact Bobbie with the date so she can make sure there isn’t any conflict with other church activities.
Sr. Pastor Eric Domen has been in ministry for more than 15 years, having worked as an assisting Pastor and Youth Pastor at Victory Life Center in Merced prior to coming to Grace. He was recently honored with Ordination through the ICFG, and has made a smooth transition into his position as Senior Pastor. He holds a degree in Counseling, and has a heart for the people of our community. Pastor E resides in Merced with his wife and children.
Pastor Bobbie Frye is our Administrative Pastor. She has been in ministry for more than 20 years, and is a 3rd generation Foursquare Pastor. She is a writer and musician, and takes care of Womens Ministries and Worship Arts. She has a background in Procurement and Marketing, in addition to her pastoral experience. Pastor Bobbie resides in Merced.